Saturday, January 2, 2010

It went WAY too fast...

My vacation is over! :(

I do LOVE my job, but it was SO great to have some family time, with no schedules but our own! It was a welcome break. We spent the majority of the week in jammies! lol Can't go wrong!!

We are all somewhat on the mend. Dave seems better, I am feeling better too. Kids have the sniffles, but we are hoping they get over it really fast! Winter has settled in, and it is cold out there. Sniffles are par for the course!

Tomorrow, we get together with my grandmother. She finally moved closer! She has been in Sherbrooke since I was a child. But this year, she moved to Gatineau. It is SUCH a Blessing having her nearby now, for all of our family events! Birthdays, Christmas, and soon Elliott's baptism. :) (just need to set the date!) Tomorrow, she is having us all over to celebrate Epiphany. We will get to see some family I have not seen in years! Even some that have not met my children yet. My grandmother always made a crown cake, and hid peas in it. One for the Queen to find and one for the King. I offered to make the cake for her, since she can no longer make it. I tried my hand at making fondant for the first time! I have used it before, but never made it. I am SO pleased with how it turned out! Made a marshmallow fondant. it is tasty! Next time, I will add a little more butter for the smoother texture I think. But it still worked out great for my first time! I had no peas to put in it, so mom will being some tomorrow. Will have to remember where they are, so I can make sure one is found by a guy and one by a girl! :) This is how it turned out;



I am really hoping my grandmother likes it. :) I am really looking forward to going tomorrow. It is always a challenge going out with all the kids in the winter, especially with Elliott just getting into a schedule, but it is worth it!

As for tonight, I am going to spend some time with Dave, and get some sleep! Busy day tomorrow! After my grandmothers event, we need to get this house ready for our busy week! New schedule starts Monday, with Dave at school for full days now!

Ta ta for now!! ;)

2 comments:

  1. omgosh Chantal! I LOVE it!! WOW!!!
    I'm sooo glad you captured a pic and wrote about it here... what a lovely, lovely tradition!

    Have a great visit tomorrow.
    Love,
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you!! Where are you? I want to read a new post!!!

    Love you toots!
    Trace

    ReplyDelete