Saturday, April 2, 2011

Another mini update!

Hello again world!

We are FINALLY coming out of winter and into spring. it has been a rough spring for us. Strep throat, gastro throughout the entire house hold....colds...ugh...we are SO ready to be germ free! lol

We HAVE to stay healthy, but not only for the usual reasons. Corbin has dental surgery coming up soon. I am a little nervous. Any surgery where they have to be put under, scares me. He has a tooth condition called Enamel Hypoplasia. Caused by fevers when their teeth are forming. He has always been a really healthy child! But his teeth were always bad and until the diagnosis, I could not figure out why. I killed me seeing him get fillings done at such a young age. But now, he will have the dental surgery, they will be putting caps on his most affected adult teeth. He seems to be happy that he will be asleep this time when his teeth are being done! So while he is relaxed, and I am happy to keep it that way, I am a nervous wreck on the inside! He has his post op this week, and if anyone at home is sick they may postpone the surgery. Funny, this did teach me a valuable lessons. I would see kids with fillings an d metal teeth and think wow, their teeth were not well cared for. Now, my son will be the one with the metal teeth and fillings, and it is caused not by lack of care, but by his condition! Lesson learned. making that assumption really made an...well you what out of me! :P

Funny story about Corbin this week. He came up to me and said: "Guess what mom?? I am becoming a man! I have hair growing on my arms, I am growing a mustache and my arm pits smell bad! " The things kids say! LOO He followed up by announcing yesterday that he will have to learn to shave soon! :P lol

When the gastro did hit us, we were all sick over March Break. Poor kids were stuck here, in jammies, sick and unable to do anything or go anywhere. So yesterday. let them skip a day of school (shhhhh) so we could have a make-up day. :) We went to the museum with my sister and her boyfriend. The kids got to eat junky lunches from McDonald's and we had a great afternoon at home planning our April fools day jokes for when Daddy got home. He loves the trick Jello drink, and of course the whoopee cushions. I had two boys running around making farting noises and laughing their butts off waiting for dad to get home so they could get him! lol It was a fantastic day and I am SO glad we spent it together!

Now the weekend is here, the sun is shinning and we are going to enjoy an afternoon outside after Mister E takes his nap. I can't get over how big they are all getting! Owen will be 12 in just over a week! Elliott 2 next month, Nate 7 in June, and this year Corbin will be 10! I am amazed at how fast time flies! I am truly Blessed and just love being home with them!

Now I should really get to my plan for my blog I keep promising! I am determined THIS week will be THE week I get my stuff together! lol Now that we are HOPEFULLY done with the germs and being sick, and that spring is here!

Take care everyone!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment